Thursday, June 21, 2007

Bilbao & San Sebastian: June 14th and 15th, 2007

I need to get caught up, so bear with me. The next two posts are late. Whoops...


There´s not really much I can write about San Sebastian. I got sick while we were in Bilbao on June 14th, and was pretty much exhausted, so everything from the 14th and 15th is a huge blur.

We got into Bilbao sometime in the early afternoon. It was extremely hot, and I felt like dying. I was sweating profusely, and I wasn´t exactly the most coherent person in the world. I walked to the Farmacia to get some medicine, but they didn´t accept credit cards and I was out of cash. It was at this point that I got separated from my group, and spent the next few hours either walking around the back streets or sitting under the trees in the middle of a park. I met up with some other people from my group and joined them for lunch, and then we walked the Guggenheim museum and met up with our whole group. We toured the museum, then drove to San Sebastian.

Upon arriving at San Sebastian, I immediately headed for my room, changed into some shorts and slept for the next 20 hours. When I woke up, my group was out touring the city while I stayed behind in the hotel to rest. I spent the next few hours reading, drinking alot of water, listening to my MP3 player, and watching indoor soccer on the television. Once my friends got back, one of them walked to the gas station with me and I bought a sandwhich, some chips and a soda. I ate and drank those, and then walked to Sarah´s room for a little while and hung out for a couple hours. Around midnight I went back to my room and went back to bed.

No comments: